Suggested L Codes:
- Adult acquired flatfoot stage III & IV
- Mild PTTD (Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction)
- Talocalcanial varus or valgus
- Mild to moderate DJD (Degenerative Joint Disease)
- Ankle instability
- Mild to moderate pronation
- Mild to moderate supination
- Patients who require active support and fully customizable control while maintaining full ankle joint range of motion
The Overlap Free Motion brace is Kevin Orthopedic’s most popular active model. It features a custom-molded footplate and prefabricated, custom-fit uprights available in multiple sizes. The cast of the foot only needs to terminate above the malleoli, so only a suspension cast is required. Low-volume joints allow the orthoses to fit in a wide variety of shoes, and a shoe is required in order to hold the orthoses in place on the foot. Soft-stitched pads line the uprights, and three strap closures allow for a secure fit. This device is constructed with a 4mm polypropylene shell that can be reduced to 3mm for flexibility or increased to 5mm or 6mm for greater control.
This brace is formed over a positive model of the patient’s foot. A negative impression or scan above the height of the finished brace must be created to correct and hold the foot, ideally with the ankle at 90 degrees and in a semi-weight-bearing or full-weight position.
This device is fully customizable per the practitioner’s discretion and is available exclusively through licensed medical providers.