Suggested L Codes:
- Adult acquired flatfoot stage III & IV
- Mild PTTD (Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction)
- Talocalcaneal varus or valgus
- Mild to moderate DJD (Degenerative Joint Disease)
- Ankle instability
- Mild to moderate pronation
- Mild to moderate supination
- Patients who require stabilized subtalar, talocalcaneal, & midtarsal joints while allowing motion in the ankle
The Overlapping Articulating Gauntlet brace is ideal for providing hydrostatic control and limiting the range of motion in the ankle. A leather upper gauntlet wrap provides ankle support, and external lateral and medial struts are positioned on a joint to allow limited articulation. Its polypropylene shell is constructed just distal to the malleoli, so as the patient moves, the plastic will slightly bend while the stirrups reinforce and guide the ankle’s movement. Because of this device’s bulk, shoes with extra volume are required.
This brace is formed over a positive model of the patient’s foot. A negative impression or scan above the height of the finished brace must be created to correct and hold the foot, ideally with the ankle at 90 degrees and in a semi-weight-bearing or full-weight position. The finished device is crafted by pulling a leather lining over the model, followed by the plastic layer and a final sewn leather top cover.
This device is fully customizable per the practitioner’s discretion and is available exclusively through licensed medical providers.