Suggested L Codes:
- Adult acquired flatfoot stage III & IV
- Mild PTTD (Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction)
- Talocalcanial varus or valgus
- Mild to moderate DJD (Degenerative Joint Disease)
- Ankle instability
- Mild to moderate pronation
- Mild to moderate supination
- Patients who require maximum active support and fully customizable control while maintaining full ankle joint range of motion
The Tamarack Free Motion brace is a unique device that features a free-motion Tamarack flexure joint for smooth articulation and durability. Its extrinsic rearfoot post makes it ideal for patients requiring greater rearfoot control. This device is constructed with a 4mm polypropylene shell that can be reduced to 3mm for flexibility or increased to 5mm or 6mm for greater control. The lower brace is composed of an EVA padded, custom footplate that contours to the patient’s arch and extends to the metatarsal heads. The upper brace includes padded upright struts that can be customized with a posterior bar; however, keeping the uprights independent is recommended for easy donning.
This brace is formed over a positive model of the patient’s foot. A negative impression or scan above the height of the finished brace must be created to correct and hold the foot, ideally with the ankle at 90 degrees and in a semi-weight-bearing or full-weight position.
This device is fully customizable per the practitioner’s discretion and is available exclusively through licensed medical providers.