Suggested L Codes:
- Mild posterior tibial tendon dysfunction
- Mild degenerative arthritis
- Lateral and medial instability of subtalar joint
- Sinus tarsi syndrome
- Severe pronation
- Chronic ankle instability
- All ankle injuries including high ankle sprains
- Traditional AFO applications that require full ankle range of motion and patients with indications listed above
The Tamarack Free Motion brace features a Tamarack free-motion flexure joint that provides smooth ankle articulation and durability. This brace is ideal for patients with ankle instability but require full range of motion in their ankle. A strap closure with a tibial pad is standard, and additional closure straps may be added around the ankle per the practitioner’s discretion. This device is constructed with a 4mm polypropylene shell that can be reduced to 3mm for flexibility or increased to 5mm or 6mm for greater control. Additional modifications include: A plantar stop, additional straps, valgus T-strap, and arch filler.
This brace is formed over a positive model of the patient’s foot. A negative impression or scan above the height of the finished brace must be created to correct and hold the foot, ideally with the ankle at 90 degrees and in a semi-weight-bearing or full-weight position.
This device is fully customizable per the practitioner’s discretion and is available exclusively through licensed medical providers.