Suggested L Codes:
- Adult acquired flatfoot stage III & IV
- Mild PTTD (Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction)
- Talocalcanial varus or valgus
- Mild to moderate DJD (Degenerative Joint Disease)
- Ankle instability
- Mild to moderate pronation
- Mild to moderate supination
- Patients who require stabilized subtalar, talocalcaneal, & midtarsal joints while allowing motion in the ankle
The Tamarack Free Motion gauntlet brace features a free-motion Tamarack flexure joint that provides smooth articulation and unmatched durability, allowing ankle dorsiflexion and plantar flexion. It also includes a UCBL-type foot plate with an upright that provides more control to the lower extremity. While it must be worn with shoes to hold the foot in place, it’s uncovered top does allow for easy fit in a wide variety of shoes. It’s constructed with a 4mm polypropylene shell and is finished with a leather lining to pad. This brace is available available in pediatric, medium, and large sizes.
This brace is formed over a positive model of the patient’s foot. A negative impression or scan above the height of the finished brace must be created to correct and hold the foot, ideally with the ankle at 90 degrees and in a semi-weight-bearing or full-weight position. The finished device is crafted by pulling a leather lining over the model, followed by the plastic layer and a final sewn leather top cover.
This device is fully customizable per the practitioner’s discretion and is available exclusively through licensed medical providers.